As per provision of the National Medical Education Act 2075, in the context of the essence and spirit of the reports of the commission, committee and task force formed to improve medical education at different times; Medical Education Commission has been established to:
- increase the investment of the state in the field of medical education,
- develop medical education in line with the national needs of Nepal,
- regulate medical education in integrated and efficient way,
- organize the work related to the establishment and operation of medical institutions,
- maintain quality, professionalism, institutional accountability, geographical balance and social justice in medical education,
- ensure equal access of all students including the deprived.